Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Retreat Cuts

Did some more crafting yesterday and today. Now I know I am suppose to be finishing my 2010 scrapbook and I still have several layouts to do (Christmas being a few of them!), but I just couldn't resist making some cards! I also had an assignment for the retreat I am going to later this month. We had to cut out 2 cuts from a cartridge. I chose Gypsy Wanderings because I figured not many people had a gypsy so they wouldn't have that cart and I have tons of snow pics from our Snow Jam '11 that we had in February!!! I think they they turned out super cute! I had to make 13 cuts and embellish them and in return I will get 13 cuts (mine included) back! Super deal!!

Winter was the first cut I made. Please excuse the excess glitter! There was glitter everywhere (again ;) ), but I am pleased the way it turned out! The cut is from Gypsy Wandering Cart, I ran it through my xyron sticker maker upside down, covered it with light blue glitter (bought at Michael's in the $1 bin) and then added a blue rhinestone from Queen & Co. Simple, yet super cute and will make a great title or embellishment! Doing 13 of these though was quite tiring (and glitterific!).

I am totally digging this snowman! I used white cardstock from DCWV and black cardstock from Hobby Lobby. I cut out the snowman and his hat and scarf from Gypsy Wanderings Cart. I cut out a black square, put it through my xyron sticker maker and then attached it to the back of the snowman. Sprinkled it with some glitter to get the shiny affect on his bottom part. I then used rhinestones from Queen & Co. for the scarf! I love this cutout! I also cut out twigs for his arms, but they weren't exactly the right size, so I have those available if the people want them.



I love this fun, yet simple card! I actually did 6 cards (as shown below), but love this one! For all the cards I used DCWV card set (yes, all 3 designs came in one set!), added some ribbon (not sure the company, they were just sitting in the ribbon box) and then used my Cricut to cut out 6 different Birthday greetings out of glitter cardstock by DCWV. No, I did not actually glitter these myself! DCWV finally has a glitter cardstock that is thin enough to cut with a regular blade, so I used that! All I had was orange though....it totally works!


Here are all the cards together! Aren't they cute?! I am trying to make a bunch so I have them ready in a snap for next year! You can never had too many cards ready to go! Speaking of which, I have 30 cards that I need to add some pizazz to, so hopefully I will get to those soon! Perhaps I might wait until I finish 2010? We'll see!!! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment