Saturday, August 25, 2012

It ends...

Well this week officially ended my summer break.  We were busy working in our classrooms and in meetings all week.  Loved working in the classroom, but not a fan of the meetings.  Sometimes I think they just make stuff up for us to do.  Oh well, that part is done and the kids come in Monday!  I met a lot of my students last night at our meet the teacher night.  They seem excited for school to start and I am anxious to get them in my room!

I have spent most of my crafting time doing things in my classroom, so I am ready for the dust to settle so I can get back to my crafting for me!  I thought I would post a couple of pics of my room so you can see what I worked on!  I did change the desk arrangement at the end, but pretty much it all looks the same!

I crafted the cute Kayaks on my desk and printed out some inspirational sayings to put on the wall behind my desk. I did they Kayaks using my cricut and Just Because cartridge.  The sayings were printed and cut using my Imagine and Word of Mouth Imagine cartridge.

I sewed my own crate covers using a pattern from Pinterest. They turned out so cute!!!!!!!! I cut the checkers title out using vinyl and Cuttin Up cartridge and my cricut.  I covered my clipboards using paper, modpodge and duct tape.
I really am excited how my room turned out this year!  I learned a lot from Pinterest and used a lot of it my room.  If you have not joined Pinterest, you should!  It is the mecca of all crafting things!  It has inspired my classroom, inspired me to learn sewing, given me tons of ideas to scrap and card make and it just a great place to learn new things!

Hope you enjoyed this post.  It's a little different than normal....but you get a glimpse into my other world!  Thanks for for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment